Zero To Hero
Ghost Buddy 1
Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver
I must admit I am a big fan of this writing team. When I found out they had launched a new series with Scholastic I was overjoyed. But once I found out more about the new series I was a little nervous. A story about a ghost roommate could go either way. I should not have been worried. If the rest of the series is as good as this book, we are in for some amazing reads.
In this first book we are introduced to Billy Broccoli and Hoover Porterhouse. Billy has moved because his mother has remained. Billy has never been the most popular and starting at a new school where his mother is principal does not look like it will begin well. But the weekend before school starts he meets Hoover; Hoover has been a ghost for 99 years. And he only has one year left to pass Ghost School or he will be stuck on his family's piece of property for his entire afterlife. But for some strange reason Billy and Porter hit it off, and when things start going bad for Billy at school, Porter steps in.
This was a great story, in part about bullying, friendship, blended families, and all about growing up. It was a great fun read and I look forward to more books in the series.
Books by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver
Ghost Buddy Books:
1. Zero to Hero
2. Mind If I Read Your Mind?
3. How to Scare the Pants off Your Pets
Hank Zipzer Books:
1. Niagara Falls, or Does It?
2. I Got a "D" in Salami
3. Day of the Iguana
4. Zippety Zinger
5. The Night I Flunked My Field Trip
6. Holy Enchilada!
7. Help! Somebody Get me out of Fourth Grade!
8. Summer School? What Genius thought That Up?
9. My Secret Life as a Ping-Pong Wizard
10. My Dog's a Scaredy-Cat: A Halloween Tail
11. The Curtain Went Up, My Pants Went Down
12. Barfing in the Backseat: How I Survived My Family Road Trip
13. Who Ordered This Baby? Definitely Not Me!
14. Life of Me
15. A Tail of Two Tails
16. Dump Trucks and Dogsleds: I'm On My Way, Mom!
17. A Brand-New Me!