I must be honest and state I am not a boxer, or MMA fighter. But the gym at work has both a heavy bag and speed bag that I have enjoyed using over the last year. When I got the chance to give these a try, I jumped at it. They are much better than the community ones I had been using. They have a nice weight and feel. They have more wrist support than other gloves I have used.
Some of the features and specifications of this specific style are:
- 100% durable synthetic leather construction
- 2 1/4" thick IMF padding for ultimate hand protection
- 3 1/4" wrap around hook and loop Velcro strap for support
- Attached thumb for safety
- Anatomically correct hand compartment for proper fist alignment
- Mesh palm and anti-bacterial inner liner to keep hands cool
- Two weights 14oz or 16oz
I have used these every day this week to spend time on the heavy bag. They are comfortable, and convenient. The Velcro strap is perfect for training by yourself or quick changes. These come in at a great price point for the casual enthusiast, they are a little more expensive than some but also much cheaper then really high end gear. The construction is of a high quality and I see myself using these for many years to come.
My kids loved trying these when they came in, and even my wife gave them a go and loved the feel of the gloves and throwing a few punches. I can recommend these gloves with confidence for their intended purpose, sparring or bag work.