Stella Batts Book 4
Courtney Sheinmel (Author)
Jennifer A. Bell (Illustrator)
Sleeping Bear Press
My oldest and I have read the first eight books in this series together this year. I have fallen behind on my reviewing but this book and this series is so good I am going to go back and review them all. My daughter loves these books. At the beginning of the year we were alternating books between three different series. But the last three books we have read were Stella Batts. My daughter loves these books and they are great book for her reading level and for us to read together. And I must declare that the Stella Batts books are my daughter’s favorite books of all the books we have read.
In each book Stella has a list of facts about herself. In this book it is: “In case you haven’t read my other books or you just don’t remember them so well, I’ll tell you a few things about me:
- I live in Somers, California, with my parents and my sister, Penny.
- Soon I’ll live with my brother Jack, too. But not yet, because Mom’s still pregnant with him.
- We own a candy store called Batts Confections.
- Okay, so I guess my parents are the owners, not Penny and me. But there are things named for us in the store—like Stella’s Fudge, and the Penny Candy Wall.
- When the baby gets born, something will be named for him too, but not until then because Mom says that’s bad luck.
- Also she and Dad keep changing their minds about his name, though Mom says Jack is the absolute final choice. Anyway, that’s not really about me, and this is my list.
- I’m eight years old, which means I’m in third grade.
- Writing is one of my favorite things to do. Obviously.”
This book was an excellent read. My daughter and I love reading these books. Her three favorite things about this book are:
- That you need to try and understand why someone might be mean.
- That being mean back will never solve anything.
- Be the best you, that you can be and leave others to make their own choices.
Books by: Courtney Sheinmel:
Stella Batts Needs A New Name
Stella Batts Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow
Stella Batts Pardon Me
Stella Batts A Case of the Meanies
Stella Batts Who's in Charge?
Stella Batts Something Blue
Stella Batts None of Your Beeswax
Stella Batts Superstar
Stella Batts Scaredy Cat
Stella Batts Broken Birthday
My So-Called Life
All the Things You Are