Some of my reading goals for 2010!
1. Finish all books in progress, down to 4 from over 30 at peak. Only abandoned 3.
2. Read all books by Cecil Castellucci aka Cecil Seaskull - have and have reviewed.
3. Read all books by Arthur Slade - have and reviewed all but 1.
4. Read and review all books by Kenneth Oppel - about half way there with reviews (Gave up way more older ones I did not know about.)
5. Read all book by Barry Lyga about a third done with and reviews.
(Did not complete got off track with some other authors)
6. Read all books by Alexander Gordon Smith over half done with reviews.(did not complete got off track with some other authors)
7. Try and hit 300 books read this year.
(done for final tally see chart below.)
8. Create a top ten list each quarter for fiction, and at end of year for fiction, non-fiction and picture books. (1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter, 4th Quarter and Top Ten Book of 2010.)
9. Read something completely outside my comfort zone or normal reading habits: Sea Change - Aimee FriedmanMercury - Hope Larson
Graphic Novels10. Review over 200 books on the blog.
(Being dyslexic does not affect my ability to count even though Hank Zipzer uses it as an excuse on his list in each book.)
11. Double the number of books I have read on the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge list.
(Did not double but close.)
12. Read 100 YA novels this year, for the Young Adult Reading Challenge.
13. To be determined at a later date.
It is amazing when you can accomplish once you finish university. After 21 years as an undergrad, I have read more books in the first 6 months of this year than most years totals.
Statistics Books Read By Year:
302 - 2010
142 - 2009
98 - 2008
83 - 2007
191 - 2006
151 - 2005
60 - 2004
52 - 2003
97 - 2002
50 - 2001
41 - 2000
71 - 1999
73 - 1998
131 - 1997
101 - 1996
Top 10 Fiction Books 1st Quarter 2010
Top 10 Fiction Books 2nd Quarter 2010
Top 10 Reading Goals for 2010
Top 10 Fiction Books 3rd Quarter 2010
Top 10 Fiction Books 4th Quarter 2010
Top Ten Reading Goals For 2010 - Recap
Top 10 Fiction Books 2010
Top 10 Picture Books of 2010
Top 10 Non-Fiction Books of 2010
Top 10 Graphic Novels for 2010
Top Ten Reading Goals For 2011
Top Ten Fiction Books 1st Quarter 2011
Top Ten Fiction Books 2nd Quarter 2011
Top Ten Reading Goals for 2011 Update
Top Ten Fiction Books 3rd Quarter 2011
Top Ten Fictions Books 4th Quarter 2011
Top Ten Fiction Books 2011
Top Ten Reading Goals 2011 - Recap
Top Ten Reading Goals 2012
Top Ten Fiction Books 1st Quarter 2012
Top Ten Fiction Books 2nd Quarter 2012
Top Ten Fiction Books 3rd Quarter 2012
Top Ten Fiction Books 4th Quarter 2012
Top Ten Fiction Books 2012
Top Ten Non-Fiction Books 2012
Top Ten Reading Goals 2012 - Recap
Top Ten Reading Goals 2013
Top 10 Fiction Books 1st Quarter 2013
Top 10 Fiction Books 2nd Quarter 2013
Top 10 Books Second Half 2013
Top Ten Fiction Books 2013
Top Ten Non-Fiction Books 2013
Top Ten Books First Quarter 2014
Top Ten Books Second Quarter 2014
Top Ten Books Third Quarter 2014
Top Ten Books Fourth Quarter 2014
Top Ten Fiction Books 2014
Top Ten Non-Fiction Books 2014
Top Ten Books First Quarter 2015
Top Ten Books Second Quarter 2015
Top Ten Books Third Quarter 2015
All Top Ten Lists on Book Reviews and More
Peace and Strength!
Yours, learning to be
Steven R. McEvoy
http://mcevoysmusings.ca My Homepage
http://bookreviewsandmore.ca My Blog
CompTIA IT PRO, A+ ITT, A+ DT, A+ RST, Network+, Security+
Microsoft MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP, MOS
Apple Certified Associate
"The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."
- Leo Rosten