It was an open Tag on Irish Catholic and Dangerous! Those who read this blog and would like to consider yourself tagged.
1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus.
Stations of the Cross.
Adoration of the blessed sacrament.
2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer.
3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I wear a rope rosary around my neck with a St. Patrick's Medal. I have recieved a 5 fold scapular and a brown scapular. But am as of yet undecided about wearing them. I also tend to colect Rosary's and end up giving them away, of my whole collection only 3 are more than 4 years old, as I give them away and then replace them.
4. Do you have holy water in your home?
5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
I have off and on. Corrently more off.
7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How Frequently?
I try and do a visit weekly. When I was at University the first time I used to do 4 hours a week. Now It is inconsistent.
8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
Both, depends on wife's work schedule and access to a car.
9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
10. Favorite saints:
Irish Saints, Patrick, Bridget and Columba.
St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
St. Josemaria Escriva
St. Edith Stein
Bl. Damien the Leper
11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
Yes since I was a child. Nicene not so much any more.
12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Added bonus question: Have you named your Guardian Angel?
I did not but my spiritual director years ago told me their names.